There are 02 Certified Schools, 02 Detention Centers and one Center for Enrollment of Children which are under direct control of the Department Probation and Child Care Services. Apart from that, there are 12 Probation Divisions functioning at the level of Court Zones. Preliminary action has already being taken to implement a proper communication system among the above mentioned units with the head office.
- VISION –
Better Tomorrow for Children’s World
- MISSION -
Our Mission is to establish the rights of children by providing protection, guardianship, maintenance and welfare facilities to orphaned, destitute, deserted and abused children and also to provide proper guidance to the probationers.
In relation to the subject of Probation and Child Care Services, action is being taken under the following mentioned ordinances
1. Probation of Offenders Ordinance (No. 42 of 1944)
2. Children and Young Persons Ordinance (No. 48 of 1939)
3. Orphanages Ordinance (No. 22 of 1941)
4. Payment of Fines Ordinance ( No. 49 of 1938)
5. Adoption of Children Ordinance (No. 24 of 1941)
6. Vagrants Ordinance (No. 04 of 1841)
7. Houses of Detention Ordinance (No. 05 of 1907)
8. Youthful Offenders Training Schools Ordinance (No 28 of 1939)
From among the ordinances mentioned above, the Western Province Provincial Council has introduced at present the Child Development Centers Statue, No. 01 of 2008, by annulling the Orphanages Ordinance No. 22 of 1941.